This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links I may make a small commission, but it will in no way effect the price you pay for the item. Thank you.
Aromatherapy strives to treat the “whole” person. Using a diffuser to diffuse and inhale the pleasant aromas of essential oils effects the limbic system. The limbic system is responsible for emotions, the heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress, and hormone balance. Apart from providing a pleasant smell, aromatherapy oils can provide respiratory disinfection, decongestant, and psychological benefits. (Medical News Today)
Aromatherapy is a complementary therapy. It does not provide a cure for diseases, rashes or illnesses, but it can support conventional treatment of various conditions.
Want to learn more about using essential oils in your home? Check out this awesome bundle of 29 eBooks, 4 Printables, and 7 eCourses for less than $60 available for download from Ultimate Bundles. #affiliate
Essential Oils for Diffuser Recipes
Looking for ideas for making your home smell fruity, flowery, romantic, clean, like a meditation room, like summer, like fall, like Christmas cookies, like Tahiti.. You get the idea. The following list was taken from doTERRA the Blog: Diffuser Blends for Every Room. It’s fun to create your own blends too!
- 1 drop Peppermint, 1 drop Roman Chamomile, 1 drop Lavender
- 1 drop Lemon, 1 drop Wild Orange, 1 drop Grapefruit
- Immune: 3 drops Peppermint, 2 drops doTERRA On Guard®, 1 drop Frankincense
- 2 drops Clove, 2 drops Cassia, 2 drops Wild Orange
Blends for Energy
- 1 drop Rosemary, 1 drop Peppermint, 1 drop Lemon
- 3 drops Wild Orange, 3 drops Peppermint
Peace or Happiness Blends
- 2 drops Lavender, 2 drops Bergamot
- 3 drops doTERRA Peace®, 2 drops Wild Orange, 1 drop Grapefruit
- 2 drops doTERRA Peace, 3 drops Siberian Fir, 2 drops Frankincense
Check out these elegant diffusers on Amazon. #affiliate
- 4 drops Frankincense, 3 drops Melaleuca (Tea Tree), 2 drops Lemon
- 2 drops Lemongrass, 5 drops Melaleuca, 4 drops Clove
- 2 drops Lemon, 1 drop Melaleuca, 1 drop Lime, 1 drop Purify
- 1 drop Basil, 2 drops Lemon, 3 drops Rosemary
- 2 drops Rosemary, 2 drops Cypress, 2 drops Juniper Berry
- 2 drops Vetiver, 2 drops Peppermint, 2 drops Lemon
- 3 drops doTERRA Balance®, 3 drops doTERRA Serenity®
- 4 drops doTERRA Peace, 2 drops Lavender, 2 drops Frankincense
Energizing or Uplifting Blends
- 1 drop Peppermint, 1 drop Wild Orange, 1 drop Lime
- 3 Drops doTERRA Balance, 3 drops Elevation
- 4 drops Grapefruit, 2 drops Eucalyptus, 2 drops Rosemary
What is your favorite diffuser blend? Please leave a suggestion in the comments.
See my Fall Diffuser Blends to make your home smell like all the wonderful scents of fall like apple, cinnamon, clove, pumpkin pie, cranberry and so many more. Yum!