Treat Yourself or a friend with easy self care gifts
Oooof, I don’t know about you, but my feet are needing some TLC to get ready for flip-flops and sandals this summer. This recipe for DIY whipped peppermint foot lotion would make a special gift, but while you’re at it, make yourself a batch!
I’ve been interested in self care gifts like this one since I received a home made essential oil body scrub, made by my mom a few years ago. It’s super easy to make for yourself or as an inexpensive but pampering gift for a lady in your life. See more ideas for essential oil self care gifts here.
Okay, let’s fix those cracked dry feet!
Whipped Foot Lotion with Peppermint essential oil will not only leave your feet smelling fresh, it will transform your sandpaper heels into a silky dream. Peppermint is a must-have, favorite of mine. This lotion will heal cracks and rejuvenate cracked dry feet so you can get back to hitting the mall and taking long walks.
Recipe for DIY Whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion
Try treating yourself to this do-it-yourself Whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion and show your feet how much you appreciate them! This is a simple and light lotion that includes natural ingredients like Peppermint oil and Tea Tree (Melaleuca) oil. Use it on your feet or body!
- 1 teaspoon beeswax
- 2 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 4 tablespoons shea butter
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops Melaleuca essential oil
Buy your essential oil at my doTerra Shop.
- In small glass container, combine all ingredients, except essential oils.
- Place in saucepan with 1½ inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until combined (around 5-10 minutes).
- Once melted, remove from heat and let rest 3 minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Let mixture come to a solid. To quicken process, place in the refrigerator.
- Once solid, use an electric mixer to whip lotion.
- Gradually come to high speed and whip for 3 to 4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Place in container. To use, rub on heels to help soften and soothe them.
Tip: For best results, add a generous amount to feet with socks before bed.
This whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion is just what your dry feet need. It is light and moisturizing and can be used anywhere on your body.
For more essential oil tips and ideas, visit my essential oils remedies and essential oils for your skin.
2 thoughts on “DIY Whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion”
This sounds amazing!!
Doesn’t it? This weather is so dry right now! I need some!